CarBridge is a great app that lets you load unsupported iOS applications on CarPlay touchscreen through iPhone. Additionally, it introduces an alluring experience in your car with apps like YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and much more. Fortunately, you can customize Carplay and even conceal any icon.
In this article, I’ll explain how to use CarBridge app, how to install CarBridge without jailbreak, and other alternatives.
Do you have a particular question about using Carbridge without jailbreak? Then use the table of contents below to jump to the most relevant section. And you can always go back by clicking on the black arrow in the right bottom corner of the page. Also, please note that some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. For more details, check the Disclosure section at the bottom of the page.
Here's what we'll cover:
How to use CarBridge?
The biggest benefit of CarBridge is that it enables you to use the apps on your phone through CarPlay supported touchscreen. So, for example, if you click on the YouTube icon, your account will open on the car’s screen instead of your phone. Then, click on any video and start watching. Also, you can pause, minimize, close, or forward to the next video.
Furthermore, CarBridge enables you to open two apps simultaneously; one on your phone and the other on the car screen. You can even swap a single app from the phone to the car and vice versa without closing it.
Unfortunately, some apps will not display perfectly because of the nature of CarBridge. However, it includes a feature known as the Portal app to mirror your phone on the car’s screen. It will enable you to use whatever app is on your phone.
Moreover, you can use Siri to do anything you want. For instance, you can say, ‘Hey Siri, play music through Spotify.’
Things are a bit different when it comes to Netflix. It opens the Netflix app but will play content audio-only without videos.
Finally, CarBridge allows you to mask any CarPlay icon. So basically, it is your phone on your car screen, and you can customize CarPlay however you want.
How to install CarBridge without jailbreak?
First, before installing CarBridge without jailbreak, check if your device is compatible with CarBridge. Head over to the ‘Settings’ and navigate to ‘General settings. Click on it and scroll down to ‘About’ to access the device’s details. Anything below iOS 11 will not work with CarBridge, unless you jailbreak, which can be dangerous.
There are a few things you need to change before installing CarBridge. They include:
● Go to setting and deactivate the low-power mode
● Navigate to ‘Safari Settings’ and disable ‘Block all cookies’
● Return to ‘Settings,’ then ‘General’ and ensure Background App refresh is active
● Click on ‘CarPlay’ under ‘General’ and ensure your car is available on the list
- Head over to your Safari browser and search for Zenovalley.com. This is the simplest to use for this purpose, although other sites are available.
- Once you open the site, click on the search bar and type CarBridge
- Click on the ‘Install Now’ button. It may take a little bit as the app fetches the CarBridge IPA
- The app will start to sign the IPA for you. Once it is done, click ‘Allow’ to download the profile.
- Go back to ‘Settings’ then ‘General’ and scroll down to ‘Profiles’
- Click on ‘CarBridge’ and then ‘Install Now’
Another method to use on CarBridge without jailbreaking is with InCar. However, it is only available on your phone, so you will have to hold it in landscape mode. Fortunately, you can watch Netflix, YouTube, and other popular streaming apps. Also, you can use CarPlay apps like Messages, Phone, Tunes, Maps, etc.
- Go to ‘Safari’ on your phone
- Type ‘Carbridgeapp.com’ on the search bar
- Tap on ‘Download now’
- Select iOS and start the installation
- To complete the installation process, you will have to install two or three free apps.
- Scroll down and install any app of your choice
- Now you will see the CarBridge app on your phone. At this point, you can remove the other apps you had installed.
- Go to ‘Settings,’ ‘General,’ and then ‘Background App refresh’ and ensure Wi-Fi and mobile data are active.
- Head over to your browser and search for a website known as ‘TweakElite’
- Go to the search bar, look for CarBridge and click on it
- Install any three apps from the list to complete the CarBridge installation process
- Restart your device, and a functional CarBridge will be displayed on the screen
- Delete the apps you had installed if they are not useful
- Go to your Safari browser and type ‘mediacloud.cc‘
- Use the search bar and search for the CarBridge app
- Tap on it and click the ‘Start injection’ button
- Choose and download any two apps from the list to complete the process
- Reboot your device to start using CarBridge
Other apps like CarBridge
The best alternative to CarBridge is NGXPlay which will help you get the best out of your default CarPlay. For example, you can add apps like Netflix, Facebook, YouTube, and more. What’s more, you can use your favorite apps without touching your phone.
Unfortunately, NGXPlay is not available on the Apple Apps Store, and you will have to install it through Cydia. It is a popular package manager app within the jailbreak community that will enable you to use third-party apps. In addition, it will help you customize your device with exclusive features, themes, jailbreak apps, and tweaks. Also, it removes the limitations and restrictions Apple has put on your iPhone.
Here is a simple process on how to install CarBridge with Cydia
- Open the Cydia app. Usually, it is installed automatically during the jailbreaking process
- Search for NGXPlay on the search bar
- Click on the icon to install the NGXPlay app
What is jailbreaking, and is it harmful?
Jailbreaking is modifying a phone to remove the restrictions put in place by the manufacturer. It allows you to make changes that may not be available in the phone’s default state. For example, you can install third-party apps. Usually, Apple does not offer certain apps on the App Store. However, you can sideload or add any app you want after jailbreaking your phone.
Although jailbreaking gives more control over your phone, it has negative consequences. For example, the process can increase vulnerability, introduce stability issues, shorten battery life, and cause potential crashes and freezes. In fact, Apple opposes it or any unauthorized modification of the iOS and says it goes against the end-user license agreement. So, proceed with caution.
Credits: Thanks for the photo to Canva.
At ipoki.com we only mention the products that we’ve researched and considered worthy. But it’s important to mention that we are a participant of several affiliate programs, including Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate ipoki.com earns from qualifying purchases.