Do you find yourself unable to log out of Instagram on a smartphone or a computer? Sometimes you worry about someone accessing your account because you can’t find the log out button or don’t know how to go about it.
Very well. Worry no more because this article is for you. You will learn how to log out of Instagram on all devices, how to log someone out of your Instagram, how to sign out of Instagram on iPhone and Android, and what happens when you log out of Instagram.
Do you have a particular question about logging out of Instagram on all your devices? Then use the table of contents below to jump to the most relevant section. And you can always go back by clicking on the black arrow in the right bottom corner of the page. Also, please note that some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. For more details, check the Disclosure section at the bottom of the page.
Here's what we'll cover:
- What happens when you sign out of Instagram?
- How to log out of Instagram on all devices?
- How to log someone out of your Instagram?
- How to change your Instagram account password?
- Can you use your PC to change your Instagram account password?
- How to log out of Instagram on iPhone?
- How to log out of Instagram on Android?
- Does logging out of Instagram hide your account?
What happens when you sign out of Instagram?
There are different things you can do on Instagram. For example, you can set up an account to promote your business or connect with friends and family through photos and videos. Logging out of your Instagram account means you temporarily lose touch with all your activities and followers. Also, your followers can’t see your profile or activities.
So, it is good to sign out of Instagram account when using public devices to safeguard your private information.
How to log out of Instagram on all devices?
If you have multiple internet devices, you probably have logged in on your Instagram with all of them. For example, when you log out of your account on, say, iPhone, you remain logged in on other devices such as your tablet or PC.
Thankfully, you can remotely log out of your Instagram account from all devices, irrespective of how many they are. The easiest way to do it is by changing the current password. This will sign out your Instagram account from all other devices except the one you are currently using.
How to log someone out of your Instagram?
It happens that sometimes a stranger logs in to your Instagram without your permission. It could be a hacking case, or you forgot to sign out from the last device you used to access your account, and someone finds it.
Instagram will send a security alert on your email asking if you logged into your account or initiated an activity using another device. In addition, it provides you with a ‘secure your account here’ prompt to change your password.
If you forgot to log out of your Instagram account and someone gains access to it, you can only log them out by changing the current password of your account. It will immediately log out the person from your account by signing out for the active Instagram session.
How to change your Instagram account password?
We have said that the surest way of logging out of Instagram is to change the current password. But how do you do that? The steps shared below will help you.
● Go to your Instagram app on your phone and open it.
● Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right corner (if you have more than one account).
● Tap on the three horizontal dashes at the top right corner.
● Tap on ‘Settings’
● Next, click on ‘Security’
● Then, tap on ‘Password’
● Fill in your current password and enter the newly created password two times.
The above procedure to change your Instagram account password is applicable on Android and iPhone.
Can you use your PC to change your Instagram account password?
You can use your PC to change your account’s password. This way, you will also log out Instagram of all devices. Follow the steps below:
● Type www.instagram.com to visit the official website.
● Use your credentials to log in to your Instagram account.
● Click on your profile icon at the top right corner
● Click on the ‘Gear’ icon next to ‘Edit Profile’
● You will see a pop-up menu with a prompt to ‘Change Password’
● Type your current password and the new one on the text fields
● Click on the blue ‘change password’ button
How to log out of Instagram on iPhone?
Follow the following steps to log out Instagram account on iPhone,
● Open the Instagram app on your iPhone.
● Touch the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
● At the top right corner, tap on the three horizontal lines.
● Then, click on ‘Settings’
● Scroll down to the bottom of the page to ‘Logins’
● Tap on the link’ Log out [your username]’
● In case you have two or more accounts, tap on ‘Log out of all accounts’
● You can select ‘Remember’ if you intend to log in later. You won’t have to enter your password, or ‘Not now’ if you don’t want Instagram to remember your login information.
How to log out of Instagram on Android?
I have shown you earlier how to log out of your Instagram on all other devices by changing your current password. However, there is another way.
● Open the Instagram app on your phone.
● Tap on your profile icon at the bottom right corner
● Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner
● Go to the ‘Settings’ menu
● Then, tap on ‘Security’
● Then’ Login activity’. It opens all your active Instagram sessions on all the devices you have used.
● Touch the three dots at the end of each Instagram session
● Then touch ‘Log out’> ‘OK’
Does logging out of Instagram hide your account?
You have succeeded in logging out of your Instagram account, but you’re still wondering whether that hides your account.
Well, once you log out of your Instagram account, it means that you have ceased to see the activities of your account for the whole time that you’ll be logged out. It, however, does not hide your account.
You can hide your Instagram account by temporarily disabling it from your PC’s web browser. This way, people will not view your profile, photos, videos, or comments.
To do this:
● Open your Instagram account.
● Click on your profile icon.
● Go to ‘Edit Profile’
● Then, tap on the link ‘Temporarily disable my account’
● Choose the reason for deactivating your Instagram account
● Put in your password
● Click on the option to deactivate Instagram temporarily
That’s it. Logging out of Instagram account has never been this easy. I believe this article has shown you numerous techniques that you can use and even how to hide your account.
Credits: Thanks for the photo to Canva.
At ipoki.com we only mention the products that we’ve researched and considered worthy. But it’s important to mention that we are a participant of several affiliate programs, including Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate ipoki.com earns from qualifying purchases.