Media streaming apps are making it easy to watch content on the internet. In fact, nowadays, you can access them with your non-smart TV with a streaming device. This means watching your favorite content on apps like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, etc., on a non-smart TV.
Amazon Fire Stick is one best video streaming devices available that supports a wide range of streaming apps. This will give you access to a ton of movies and TV shows. In addition, it has advanced functionalities such as Alexa enabled-remote to control different functionalities with your voice. Typically, although Amazon does not charge a monthly fee to use Fire Stick, you will need a credit card to pay for the streaming services like Netflix or Hulu.
Thankfully, you can download the apps and watch whatever you want without a credit card. We will show you how to use a Fire Stick without credit card and much more.
Do you have a particular question about using Fire Stick without a credit card? Then use the table of contents below to jump to the most relevant section. And you can always go back by clicking on the black arrow in the right bottom corner of the page. Also, please note that some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. For more details, check the Disclosure section at the bottom of the page.
Here's what we'll cover:
Step by step set up Fire Stick to work without a credit card
The first thing you have to do to use Fire Stick without a credit card is to create an account. Then, sign up through your computer or smartphone browser instead of the Fire TV Stick to evade the credit card requirement. Here is how to do it.
- Open the Amazon website on your PC or mobile. Then, navigate and click on ‘Account and List’. Various options will appear under the tab.
- If you don’t have an Amazon account, click on ‘Start here. Enter the required credentials like your email and phone number and a password to create an account. Remember the password you have used.
- Amazon will send you a confirmation email. So, check your email and click the link to confirm.
- Return to the ‘Account and Lists’ option and click on ‘Your Account. Next, check the ‘Your Address’ option, input the address, and save.
That’s all; you have completed the first step.
Setting up the Fire Stick TV device
The next step is to register Amazon Fire Stick without a credit card. Follow the instructions on the user manual to plug the device into your TV and power outlet. Once you turn it on, it will open the login page. Instead of creating a new account from scratch, use the one you have made above. Note that this shouldn’t be your Amazon Prime account that you use to buy things online.
After login in, you will be redirected to the payment page where you are supposed to provide your credit card information. Skip this step and follow the process below.
How to download apps on Fire Stick without a credit card?
The best way to download apps on Amazon Fire Stick without a credit card is through Kodi. This is an open-source media streaming application with an extensive range of content. It is optimized for different devices, including TVs, for a comfortable watching experience.
The interface is elegant, and you can also customize it with different skins. Moreover, it supports addons, enabling you to stream content from various sources. Use the following steps to integrate the Kodi app on the Fire TV Stick.
- First, enable the unknown source on the Firestick. Go to ‘Settings’, click on the ‘My Fire TV’ tab and choose the developer’s option. Then, enable ‘Apps from Unknown Sources
- Return to the ‘Settings’ and go to ‘Preferences.’ Then, open ‘Privacy Settings,’ switch off device usage data, and collect app usage data.
- Next, get a downloader from the app store by simply searching for ‘Downloader.’
- Launch the downloader, enter https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk in the URL box, and press go.
- Kodi Leia 18.9 will start to download. Once completed, click on install and wait for installation.
Note that the Kodi app is not available on the Fire Stick’s home page. However, you can access it from the apps by holding the home button for five seconds.
De-register your Amazon account
The last step to accessing free content on the Fire TV stick is de-registering the Amazon account. Use the below guide to do it.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and select the ‘My Account’ option.
- Next, click on de-register, and you are done.
Stay safe when using Kodi
Accessing copyrighted content on the Kodi app can get you into trouble. Some countries have strict copyright laws, and you can be fined or even incarcerated if caught. Although we don’t advocate using copyrighted material, you can cover your tracks with a VPN. It will conceal your IP address and encrypt your connections. Also, the VPN will enable you to access geo-restricted content from anywhere.
Credits: Thanks for the photo to Canva.
At ipoki.com we only mention the products that we’ve researched and considered worthy. But it’s important to mention that we are a participant of several affiliate programs, including Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate ipoki.com earns from qualifying purchases.