I had trouble finding the best way to get Netflix on non-smart TV before researching. But, if you’re going through a similar ordeal, you have come to the right place. Here, I will explain some of the ideal techniques to watch Netflix using your non-smart TV.
You can get as much Netflix as you want without a smart TV. All you need is an internet-enabled device compatible with your non-smart TV. Such devices as your personal computer or the game console can be a great start. But, again, you incur no costs with these.
Do you have a particular question about the best way to get Netflix on non-smart TV? Then use the table of contents below to jump to the most relevant section. And you can always go back by clicking on the black arrow in the right bottom corner of the page. Also, please note that some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. For more details, check the Disclosure section at the bottom of the page.
Here's what we'll cover:
Get Netflix on non-smart TV with your personal computer
To stream Netflix on a non-smart TV with your personal computer, first, you need to use an HDMI cable to connect it to the PC. Then switch on the TV and select the HDMI port corresponding to your PC. Next, open the Netflix app on your PC or visit the Netflix website using a browser and log in. Then, enjoy unlimited access to your favorite movies and shows on your big screen!
Get Netflix on non-smart TV with your game console
If you own a game console like PS3 or PS4, you can conveniently get Netflix on your non-smart TV. Here’s what you need to do. First, you need to plug the PlayStation into the TV. Then Click the PlayStation button on the Home Screen and select “TV & Video.” Next, find the Netflix app, download it, and log in to your Netflix account to enjoy your movies.
In case you have PS5, follow these steps to download Netflix app in your console:
- First, click the “Media” on the Home Screen.
- Then, tap “All Apps” and proceed to “Video and Music Apps.”
- Next, select “Netflix” and click “Download.”
- Once installed, sign in to your account and watch your preferred shows.
To get Netflix on your non-smart TV using Xbox 360, you first need to install the Netflix app from Microsoft Store. Select “Launch” to open the app and then log in to your Netflix account to enjoy your favorite shows and movies.
Get Netflix on non-smart TV with casting devices
Apple TV 4K
- Connect the Apple TV 4K to your non-smart TV using an HDMI cable.
- Select the App Store on the Home Screen.
- Install Netflix App and launch it on the Home Screen.
- Sign in to your Netflix account and start to stream your favorite shows and movies.
- Plugin the Chromecast dongle into your TV’s HDMI port.
- Ensure that your smartphone and the Chromecast dongle are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Google Home app and add Chromecast dongle as a new device.
- Sign in to your Netflix account on your smartphone.
- Tap the Cast icon at the top-right corner.
- Select your Chromecast from the listed devices.
- Choose what you want to watch on Netflix.
You can opt for an upgrade Chromecast with Google TV to watch Netflix without using your smartphone. Instead, press the Netflix button on the remote.
Amazon Fire Stick
- Plugin the Amazon Fire Stick into your TV via the HDMI port.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi network and log in to your Amazon account using your smartphone.
- Type “Netflix” on the search bar and click enter on your Home Screen.
- Choose ‘Netflix,’ then click “Free or Download” to install the app into the Fire Stick.
- Open to launch the app and log in to stream your favorite shows and videos.
This comes with a preinstalled Netflix icon on the home screen, making it the simplest casting device to use. Once you have connected it to your TV, open the Netflix app and log in to your account. Then, enjoy your favorite Netflix shows and movies!
Get Netflix on non-smart TV with your Nintendo game console
“Can I get Netflix on my Nintendo console?”- I have met with this question on several platforms, and I think this is the best place and time to answer it.
YES, you can download Netflix on your Nintendo console. But only if it’s Nintendo Wii U. Unfortunately, Netflix was removed from all Nintendo Wii consoles following the closure of the Wii Shop Channel in 2019.
Additionally, you must be in the U.S., Europe, Australia, Canada, Japan, or New Zealand to get Netflix on Nintendo Wii U.
Follow the steps below:
- Tap the eShop icon on the “GamePad.”
- Search for “Netflix” on the search box.
- Choose “Netflix” and click “Download.”
- Continue to download by clicking “Next. “
- Click the “Download” button and touch “Continue.”
- Select Netflix on your home screen to sign in.
I believe this article has given you invaluable information about the best ways to get Netflix on your non-smart TV. So from now on, you won’t worry about missing your favorite shows and movies on Netflix because you own a non-smart TV.
Credits: Thanks for the photo to Canva.
At ipoki.com we only mention the products that we’ve researched and considered worthy. But it’s important to mention that we are a participant of several affiliate programs, including Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate ipoki.com earns from qualifying purchases.