Amazon’s Fire TV devices are among the most popular in the market for connected TV devices. Their products are tied with Roku, another popular connected TV platform, with 36% of the market share as of early 2021.
One thing that makes the Fire TV devices like the Amazon Fire Stick very popular is that if you know what you’re doing. You can sideload apps that give it much more functionality than you can get out of the box.
One app that is of particular interest is the Optimum TV app. This app is from the company Optimum, which offers many services, including cable TV. If you want to get this application and use it to stream television channels on your Fire Stick, you might be confused as to how to get that done.
Worry not. This article will answer all your questions about the Optimum app for Fire Stick. So let’s get into the details and the things you need to know.
Do you have a particular question about using Optimum app for Fire Stick? Then use the table of contents below to jump to the most relevant section. And you can always go back by clicking on the black arrow in the right bottom corner of the page. Also, please note that some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. For more details, check the Disclosure section at the bottom of the page.
Here's what we'll cover:
Does Firestick have Optimum app?
If you’ve been looking for the Optimum TV app in the app store on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, then I hate to break it to you. You won’t find it there because it simply isn’t there.
While the Optimum app is available on the Amazon App Store, that is if you want to install it on your Android device or on the Amazon Kindle Fire tablet. Unfortunately, there is no official support for the Fire TV Stick, which is quite unfortunate.
Can you download Optimum app on Firestick?
The good thing is that even though this app from Optimum is now officially available on the Amazon Fire TV products, you can still find a way to get it installed on a device like the Fire TV Stick, if you want to. Remember what I said: if you know what you’re doing, you can add a lot of functionality to the Fire Stick, even if Amazon doesn’t officially allow it.
Thanks to the fact that Amazon Fire TV Stick technically runs on Android, you can install APKs on it. APKs are very easy to get online, so with the right version of the Optimum app, you can get it installed on your Fire Stick and enjoy cable TV.
If you’re wondering how to get the Optimum app for Fire Stick, just follow these steps in the next section to get things going.
How to install Optimum app on Firestick?
If you want to install Optimum on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, you will need to use an app called Downloader. This application is used to install APKs on your Fire TV device, which is a great way to get apps that are not natively supported on Amazon’s app store or unavailable for the Firestick. That’s part of what makes Android great!
So, let’s go over the steps to install Downloader first.
Follow the procedure below to get this done:
- Go to the Home Screen of your Fire Stick.
- Go to the “Find” menu.
- Click on the “Search” option, which should be the first.
- In the text field, use the remote control to type in “Downloader” and search for it.
- Select the “Downloader” entry under the “Apps” section.
- Using the remote, select “Get” to begin downloading the app.
Now that you have gotten the Downloader app onto your Fire Stick, the next process is to get the Optimum TV app. Before you do that, though, you need to enable the installation of apps from unknown sources.
Follow the steps:
- Select the gear icon from your Fire TV Home Screen to open the settings.
- Click “My Fire TV’.
- Go to “About.”
- Now, press the center button on the remote seven times while the first item is highlighted. This should be the name of the device.
- After tapping it several times, you see a prompt telling you, “No Need, You Are Already a Developer.”
- Now, go back to the “My Fire TV” page in the Settings menu.
- Select “Developer Options.”
- Click “Install unknown apps” and enable it for the “Downloader” application.
Now, we can finally get the Optimum app for Fire Stick:
- Open “Downloader” on your Fire TV Stick.
- Allow any permissions that it requests.
- Select “Home” from the left-side panel in the app.
- In the URL field, enter the following link: https://apkfun.com/down_Optimum-TV-Optimum.html
- Press “Go” to begin the download.
- Once completed, press the “Install” button.
How to watch Optimum on Firestick?
Finally, if you want to use this app on your Fire TV Stick, you will need to get a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, as the app doesn’t allow remote control input.
To connect wireless Bluetooth input devices, follow these steps:
- Switch on the mouse or keyboard.
- Go to the Settings on your Fire TV.
- Select “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.”
- Tap “Other Bluetooth Devices.”
- Ensure the devices are in pairing mode and choose “Add Bluetooth Devices.”
- Now, select the device when it appears.
- One device should be connected now! Make sure to add the other one too.
You can now go into the Optimum app and sign into your account using the mouse and keyboard. You can then use the mouse and keyboard to navigate, search for, and watch channels and shows.
Credits: Thanks for the photo to Canva.
At ipoki.com we only mention the products that we’ve researched and considered worthy. But it’s important to mention that we are a participant of several affiliate programs, including Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate ipoki.com earns from qualifying purchases.