According to researchers, if you write down a piece of information, you have a 34% chance of retaining it. But if you don’t, you only have about a 5% chance of remembering it later. And that is exactly why picking the best tablet for note-taking is a more important task that you might initially predict it would.
As paper note-taking has pretty much taken a back seat in this modern age, tablets have now become the best medium for quality note-taking.
There are tons of options to choose from when looking around for a tablet. Some might not work as well as others, and some might not work at all.
That’s why I thought it would be nice to come up with the list below. I spent a good 20 hours crawling Amazon reviews, so I hope my suffering will save you some time and money.
If you are in a rush and are looking for a quick suggestion for the best tablet for note-taking, I’d say consider this one. It’s easy to use, affordable, its battery lasts. And it supports practically all popular note-taking services.
If you have some time, read on for more suggestions, pros, and cons. Let’s get you the best value for your buck.
Do you have a particular question picking the best note-taking tablet? Then use the table of contents below to jump to the most relevant section. And you can always go back by clicking on the black arrow in the right bottom corner of the page. Also, please note that some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. For more details, check the Disclosure section at the bottom of the page.
Here's what we'll cover:
Best note-taking tablet: our top choice
The K10 Dragon-touch tablet offers all the features that make it the best tablet for note-taking. This tablet doesn’t just come with a cool and slick design. It has an amazing HD display. This tablet is also very easy to operate and support all the essential apps you might need. You can easily pull up your notes or start new ones without any problem.
It supports most types of styluses or keyboards, so it’s perfect for note-taking. It is compatible with computer software and applications, so you can use those to take notes more efficiently. It also lets you record videos and audio, along with pictures, so you can record any part of the lectures you want. It comes with an internal storage of about 16GB but is expandable to about 128GB.
- You can use a stylus to write notes more efficiently
- Long-lasting battery time
- It is really easy to operate
- It supports a lot of note-taking software
- The camera works great but isn’t that high quality
- It doesn’t come with a screen protector
Best tablet for taking hand-written notes
If you’re someone who doesn’t feel comfortable typing out your notes or just aren’t fast enough and prefers handwritten notes, this is the perfect tablet for you. This is a graphic drawing tablet that allows you to write down all your thoughts like you would on paper.
Except it gives you the advantage of the organization, storage, and added benefits of a digital medium. It comes with a built-in 8GB micro USD card, giving you plenty of storage space. And is also compatible with most software. You can efficiently operate it, using the buttons given to you on the sides as well. Apart from that, it comes with a stylus holder, which is convenient.
- You won’t lose your stylus with the help of the stylus holder
- You have enough space to work comfortably
- It is portable
- It provides you with a sturdy, stable surface to take note of
- Charging takes some time
- It might not support some software
Best note-taking tablet for college
This tablet is the perfect option for college students. Not only is it great for taking notes, but it’s also really affordable. This tablet offers you many convenient features that make it the right fit for you in college. It’s 1280 x 800 IPS display provides you a crystal clear image with a bright display.
So you can watch your videos in excellent quality. Apart from that, you can easily record videos and audio and store them to watch whenever you want. It is compatible with external accessories like styluses and keyboards, so you can take your notes without any problem.
- You can quickly write hand-written notes on it
- Start video recording your lectures or take pictures of the board when you want
- Set up a reminder and look up things much easier
- You have plenty of storage space for e-books, lectures, or other things
- Its volume isn’t that high, but it’s not bad either
- It doesn’t have a long battery life, but you can change the settings to warn you when you need to charge it
Best tablet for note-taking in meetings
This is an excellent option for taking notes during meetings to jot down all the important details and relevant information quickly and efficiently. This is a mini drawing board that you can use to write down notes with a stylus or any plastic pen. So the next time you’re in a meeting, you won’t have to worry if someone is speaking to fast as you can easily write down the main points. You can also use it as a whiteboard in case you need to demonstrate something.
- You can erase it all with the push of a single button
- It is an LCD screen and has very low battery consumption
- You can also use the lock mechanism to save the drawing or notes
- You’ll have to take a picture of the notes to save them permanently
- You can run out of writing space
Best cheap tablet for note-taking
This next option is exactly as the title suggests, cheap and affordable. This is a nice option if you’re looking to spend the least amount of money on a tablet. But just because it’s cheap doesn’t mean it doesn’t have any good features. This is also a graphic tablet, which gives you a vast space to write down all your notes neatly with a stylus’s help.
You can write down or draw anything you want and save them to look at later. It comes with a battery-free stylus, so you have longer, uninterrupted writing time. It is also compatible with many software and apps, so you can use those for better note-taking.
- It provides you with a stable, sturdy surface to take notes on
- You can organize your notes much better
- It is good for the money
- A light starts to illuminate when the pen is in the active range
- It takes some time to get used to it
- The drawing space isn’t that big
Note-taking tablet vs. paper
- Digital note-taking takes some time to get used to it.
- Tablets are very portable and reasonably lightweight.
- It’s easy to carry around all your course books or paperwork if it’s in digital form.
- You can look up relevant information like definition or meaning or even reference articles right then.
- Your notes will always be legible.
- Paper note-taking comes fairly naturally.
- Depending on how many notebooks you carry, your bag can weigh a lot.
- You can’t carry around all of your books at the same time.
- You’re going to have to consult other books or use another electronic device.
- When you’re in a hurry, your notes can sometimes be hard to read.
Pros and cons of using a tablet to take notes
- It is very portable, doesn’t weigh much, and you can take it with you wherever you want.
- You can organize your notes much better, as opposed to carrying around a lot of papers.
- Store all your course books on it in ebooks versions.
- Record both video and voice notes.
- Take pictures of the board or slides to look at later.
- If it gets damaged or formatted somehow, then all of your information can get lost.
- You have to make sure its charged at all times.
- There is a storage limit to it.
- It has other apps on it then can distract you.
There are plenty of other great uses of digital note-taking but for now, let’s look at some of the best tablets for doing so.
These were the best tablets for note-taking. To finish off, here’s some advice that can help you take notes efficiently. First of all, make sure you choose the right device and have the right accessories to go with your tablet. Whether it’s a keyboard or stylus, whichever you’re more confident using as that will help write notes more comfortably. Another thing you can do is download an app that is specifically designed to help you take notes. There are plenty of them out there. And you probably should take your time to test them all. Once you find the one that feels right, you are all sorted for efficient note-taking.
Credits: Thanks for the photo to Canva.
At ipoki.com we only mention the products that we’ve researched and considered worthy. But it’s important to mention that we are a participant of several affiliate programs, including Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate ipoki.com earns from qualifying purchases.